Thursday, June 14, 2012
The Vision
"So I work 12 months a year as a school administrator and 24 hours a day as a mother of two young kids..."
This is how my story starts, how my plan hatched, and how this blog began. I am a twelve month employee for a mid-size school division and I work summers - in a school - a weird concept in and of itself. However, because I work in a traditional elementary school, on a traditional elementary school calendar, summer time hours offer me an interesting proposition: work 4 ten hour days and you get Fridays off. This means that I have nine Fridays to spend with my kids. Nine extra days that I don't normally get. Nine extra days to play with them, learn with them, occasionally be goofy-crazy-over-the-top with them, and nine days to delve into their world on a level that is usually reserved for weekends.
This year my vision is to take in as many moments of those nine days as I can (or they let me) from my kids' technology perspective. I am going to strap myself into digital native mode and run with them (or after them hollering if history serves) and then try to record as much of what I find in this blog and using my mobile technology as my digital immigrant fingers will allow. We will use technology together, and probably more often I will find them showing me all they know that I don't. I hope you will join us - I don't know every place we will journey yet - but I know it will be a wild ride!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment